Bransa Sourcing did this…
You will need:
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Bolner’s Fiesta Brand Brisket Rub (Yes, Brisket Rub)
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 8 Cups Cold Water
- 1 Tbsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 6 Jumbo “TOM” Turkey Legs
- Mix the brine ingredients into a large Stock Pot. (Add the cold water last)
- Add turkey legs…make sure they are covered by the brine.
- Leave in refrigerator for up to 12 hours or so.
- Pre-Heat Smoker to 225° F.
- Drain the legs from the brine, rinse under cool running water and pat dry.
- Season with your choice of dry rub
- Smoke for about 3 hours until internal temperature is 160°.
- (Rest the meat…it should continue to cook till internal temperature is 165°.)