What Bransa Sourcing did…
What You Need:
- 4lb Stew Meat (This should be available at your grocery store already in cubes)
- 1lb Breakfast Sausage (your choice…mild or spicy)
- 1 Sweet Onion (chopped)
- 24oz Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Poblano Pepper (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 quart Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire
- 1 15oz can sweet corn
- 1 4oz can diced green chili ((your choice…mild or spicy)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoon of an All Purpose Rub…(I used Fiesta Brand Extra Fancy Brisket Rub)…
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ancho Chili Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Generally sprinkle rub of your choice…(I used Fiesta Brand Extra Fancy Brisket Rub)…all over the stewing beef cubes.
- Preheat Grill to 225° (Smoke flavor of your choice…We use OAK because that’s what we do in TEXAS)
- Put cubes on a mesh grill sheet and smoke for 1.5 hours.
- Bump smoker temperature to 250°
- Chop Onion, Bell Pepper, and Poblano Pepper.
- In a 5 quart iron pot add chopped vegetables, diced tomatoes, smoked stew meat, uncooked sausage, garlic, and chili seasoning…stir.
- Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, sweet corn and diced chilies…stir.
- Place iron pot on smoker and cook uncovered for 2 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Add can of corn…stir…continue cooking for 1 hour.