From The Kitchen Of: Linda Dickerson via Mary Jane Tasker
- 1/2lb bacon
- 2 medium onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 15oz can kidney beans
- 1 15oz can butter beans
- 1 15oz can lima beans
- 2 15oz cans pork & beans
- ***All Beans Undrained***
- Brown bacon and place on paper towel to drain
- Slice onions and saute in bacon drippings until soft, adding garlic, salt, pepper to taste
- Add sugar,mustard and vineger. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Break crisp bacon into pieces and add and pour above mixture over beans.
- Bake in covered, greased casserole at 350 for 75-90 minutes.
***Note: Casserole may need to be uncovered towards end of baking time to release some liquid–don’t let it dry out!